....1025 Old Farm Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360••••• Main, 805-497-2761Fax, 805-374-1167•••••• www.ConejoAdultEd.org••••••WASC-accredited

Conejo Valley Adult School is a Pearson VUE Test Center,
authorized to administer the GED.
What is the GED® Test?
The GED® test, which measures an high-school-level knowledge and skills, consists of 4 subject areas: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
What is a passing score
on the GED®?
To pass the GED® test you need a score of 145 (out of 200) on each of the four tested subjects. The maximum possible score for the entire four-subject test is 800, with each subject will have a score range of 100 to 200. So, you need to reach a score of at least 150 on each subject and a total score of 600 or higher across the four-subject tests in order to receive the GED® test credential—a High School Equivalency Certificate. Students may also earn an "Honors" score if they receive a score of 170 or higher on any subject. Here is the full scale:

100 - 144: Below Passing
145 - 169: Passing Score
170 – 200: Honors Passing Score
What does GED®
stand for?
GED® is a trademarked acronym used for the General Educational Development Tests, a battery of examinations administered by states to measure the skills and knowledge similar to a high school course of study, and closely aligned with the national Common Core Standards.
Can you combine a
GED 2014-or-later
score with a pre-2014 GED score?

A GED score earned 2014 or later cannot be combined with any GED score achieved prior to 2014. Details.

GED® Prep Resources
GED® Accommodations
Click here for information about accommodations requests.
Test with us...
The GED® Test is available at Conejo Valley Adult School, which is an official GED® Testing Center. Please note: All GED testing is on computer. Nationwide, a paper-and-pencil GED is no longer available. If you pass the entire GED Test, you earn a High School Equivalency (HSE) Certificate.

An alternative way to earn the HSE Certificate is to pass the the HiSET test, which is also offered at Conejo Valley Adult School. If you need formal prep for obtaining High School Equivalency, we offer live classes for the HiSET. (We do not offer prep classes for GED.) Click here for info on HiSET Prep classes.

Register for the test at GED.com

or by calling 1-877-EXAM-GED

For any questions about registration, call 1-877-EXAM-GED
.Note: You must register online, but you don't take the test online.
Rather, you take the GED in person, on computer, at our campus GED Test Center

Some basic info about GED® testing
Location: Conejo Valley Adult School, on the school premises in our Pearson VUE Testing Center computer lab, which is in Room 10, on south side of building.

Registration: There are two ways to register for the GED:

1) Go to GED.com and on the left side of the screen complete the section "Sign up for MyGED today" in order to establish an account, then follow on-screen directions;
2) Call 1-877-EXAM-GED (that's 1-877-392-6433). To use this method, you must provide e-mail address and need to pay by credit/debit card.

For questions about the registration process or space availability, please call 1-877-EXAM-GED; please do not call the school for registration questions.

Cost: Click here for test pricing and related information.

As part of the registration process, you will be given a choice of dates and times to take the test. Generally, our GED computer-testing hours are Tue/Thu from 4:45 to 9:30 p.m. but the website will indicate specific open/closed dates/hours. Again, you will know specific date/time availability when you register.
Note: You must register online, but you don't take the test online.
Rather, you take the GED in person, on computer, at our campus GED Test Center.
GED® Testing Requirements
A student may take the GED test if he/she has not graduated from high school and meets at least one of the following requirements:
• is 18 years of age or older
• is within 60 days of turning 18
• is currently or would be a member of a high school class due to graduate within 60 days (the examinee testing under this criterion cannot be enrolled in school)
• is 17 years of age, has not been enrolled in school for 60 consecutive days, and provides a letter of request from the military, postsecondary educational institution, or an employer requesting the test.
Note: Persons who pass the GED test at age 17 will not receive the High School Equivalency Certificate (GED certificate) until their 18th birthday; a letter of intent is issued which states that the certificate will be held pending the examinee's 18th birthday.
Required identification to register for GED® Test

A candidate MUST be a California resident and MUST provide one of the following forms of identification at the time of testing:

A current:
1. California driver license.
2. California identification card (can be obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles).
U.S. military-issued ID card.
4. U.S. or foreign government issued ID card (such as a Matricula Consular card).
5. Passport
(U.S. or foreign government issued).
6. Post-secondary school
(college) issued ID card.

The identification must be current and must include name, birthdate, picture, address and signature.

In the event that California residency cannot be verified with just one of the above, proof of residency must be provided by bringing an additional document in the form of a bank statement, utility bill or rental agreement

For instance, if you bring in a current foreign-issued passport that has your name, photo, birthdate, and signature but not a California address, you still need to bring that passport plus, say, a utility bill showing a California address.

• Identification must be brought and shown to the test administrator
for each testing session of the GED.

• All scheduling and payment is done through the website GED.com or by calling 1-877-EXAM-GED.

Websites for...
Federal Financial Aid...
Federal Student Aid
Student Loans
Calif. State Aid & Cal Grants
State of Calif. Education website
Cal Grants
Calif. Student Aid Commission
Cash for College
Dreamer Resources...
Calif Dream Act Applic/Resources
Educators for Fair Consideration
California Colleges
California Community Colleges
California State University
University of California
Independent Calif. Colleges
UCLA Student Affairs
UCSB Financial Aid/Scholarships
CSUN Financial Aid
Scholarship Info
African American Scholarships
Asian American Scholarships
Latino Scholarships


Gates Millennium Scholarships
Other Resources
College Board / SAT
CollegeSource Online
Campus Tours
Student Loan Network
Career & Job Search...
Occupational Outoook Handbook
of U.S. Dept. of Labor
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Ventura County Virtual OneStop
JobStar Central
Answer.com Guide-Job Hunting
Job Choices
Public Library...
Thousand Oaks Library
Graph Paper

For more information, please call 818-203-0826, or e-mail Sam Kane at SamK@ConejoAdultEd.org
Disclaimer: Every attempt is made to provide accurate information, including dates and costs, on this website. We regret any inconvenience caused by inadvertent errors. For a given course, the student shall be responsible for the correct fee, rather than that which has appeared in error. NONE of the following shall be held responsible in any way for website or print-catalog errors/changes: Conejo Valley Adult Education / School, Conejo Valley USD, the webmaster, administrator, counselor, coordinator, instructor/teacher, secretary, or any other District employee.
CA Adult Schools logo CVAS logo Facebook
Join our list. E-mail:
Questions? Comments? Email us at: info@ConejoAdultEd.org
Webmaster | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
© 2019 Conejo Valley Adult School